Even when you live in a low flood hazard zone, there is no guarantee that the next storm will not flood your home. A single flood is enough to cause serious damage to your property. Dirty water containing bacteria and viruses will soak your furniture. Mold will spread quickly, spreading its spores that may lead to various health complications. Prolonged exposure to water can also compromise the structural integrity of the house.
Flooding can also happen in high-rise buildings such as condominiums. Instead of extreme weather conditions, the flooding happens because of bursting pipes in your own unit or from your upstairs neighbors.
Things are more complicated when you are a manager or owner of a property management company. Tackling any water damage problems quickly is one of the keys to having happy tenants. Delaying repair will only increase the chance of your tenants terminating their rent or lease. But that is not your biggest concern yet.
With the rising popularity of social media, disgruntled tenants can easily share their complaints to a broad audience. Since bad publicity tends to spread faster and wider than a positive one, it can put an adverse effect on the desirability of your property. A property that’s damp and reeks of mildew will not attract many tenants or high rental rate.
When a water damage emergency happens, it is imperative for you to contact a reputable water damage restoration company that can mitigate your loss in a timely manner. There are several reasons why you should get a trusted company to do the repair and restoration instead of a general handyman:
- Asking a general handyman to do the emergency restoration may not give you a satisfactory result. It is unlikely that a general repair person will be willing to invest in advance moisture detection equipment required to pinpoint the areas where mold might grow. Not to mention the heat injection fans, air mover fans, and dehumidifiers that are necessary to ensure all affected areas are properly dried.
- A restoration company is a collection of knowledge and expertise. With certified professionals in their lineup, the mitigation company can ensure thorough drying, cleaning, sanitizing, and repairing all of the affected surfaces and objects. These professionals have undergone extensive training, providing them the necessary know-how to provide the right solution for a variety of job conditions.
- 24/7 Availability. A restoration company will always have someone on standby. When you wake up in the morning to find that your living has turned into a puddle, the company can respond swiftly to minimize your loss. Early dispatch of personnel and equipment is crucial to prevent the loss from escalating.
- The ability to cater to losses of various sizes. Water damage emergency strikes in different From a leaky pipe damaging the kitchen floor to a flood wreaking havoc on your business. A restoration company has the resources to deal with small and large cases alike.
- Help with dealing with insurance companies. Taking care of water damage aftermath is stressful. Filing insurance claims and following the paper works can be a draining task. The company can help you with your insurance claims making sure you won’t need to break the bank to cover the cost of restoring the damages.